SWEET DEAL IN PINE-SCENTED ROSITA...
A Newly Constructed 2 Bedroom, 2 Bath
On The Road Less Travelled
- Spic and span, there is a fully equipped kitchen and a cozy living room with a gas fireplace to snuggle up to on those cool mountain evenings. Each bedroom features a queen size bed. Great decks to enjoy the beautiful mountain scenery and watch the abundant wildlife.
- We are located in the townsite of Rosita, an 1860's silver mining and ghost town and now a laid-back small community. The Spanish called our mountains the "Sierra Mojada" or "Wet Mountains".
- Moist and verdant, the grassy meadows are sprinkled with wildflowers and the slopes are covered with Ponderosa, blue Spruce and Aspen Forests.
Westcliffe, the little town without a stoplight, is
10 minutes away on a paved road. Canon City lies less
than an hour away. Colorado Springs is a little more
than hour's drive and the drive to Pueblo takes an hour and
There is a very nice restaurant, "The Letterdrop Inn" close by in Rosita and more eateries, gas stations, the "Jones Theater" (movies and live theater), the Westcliffe Supermarket, Antique Shops, Galleries and Gift shops in Westcliffe.
- Use the cabin as a retreat for a long, lazy weekend or bring your camera and make it your headquarter for a week. Now you can put your family and friends in the picture with the awesome scenic beauty of the Wet Mountain Valley as the background! If you'd like, we can tell you about the local attractions worth visiting and how to discover them.
Welcome to Rosita
Yours for a Pleasant Stay
Tom & Linda Urwiller
- Custer County Chamber of Commerce (Info & Links)
- All Aboard Westcliffe (Railroad History)
- Wet Mountain Tribune (Local Newspaper)
- Bear Basin Pack Trips (Horseback Adventures)
- Arkansas River Tours (White Water Rafting)
- Mission Wolf (A Wolf Refuge)
- Royal Gorge Bridge (Walk Across the Raging Arkansas River)